Urban Horticulture addresses the needs of homeowners, golf courses, retail nursery operators, pest control operators, lawn maintenance companies and others who work with turf and ornamentals in the urban environment.
Master Gardener Volunteers support the Extension program by offering a variety of residential community outreach programs. Service includes answering gardening questions, conducting plant clinics, beautifying the community, and other activities which promote horticulture and the environment. The Master Gardeners are available at the Citrus County Extension office Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Professional training classes are provided for required commercial licensing, Green Industries Best Management Practices (GI-BMP), and continuing education units (CEU). Contact the Urban Horticulturist to be added to the Commercial Trainings Database.
- Lakes Region Library – Every Tuesday of the month @ 1:00 p.m.
- Floral City Library – First Wednesday of the month @ 2:00 p.m.
- Central Ridge Library – Second Wednesday of the month @ 1:30 p.m.
- Citrus Springs Library – Third Wednesday of the month @ 1:00 p.m.
- Coastal Region Library – Second Friday of the month @ 1:30 p.m.
- Homosassa Library - Fourth Tuesday of the month @ 2:00 pm.