Home and Community Education
The Florida Association of Home & Community Education and the Citrus County Association of Home & Community Education are volunteer educational groups working under the umbrella of Cooperative Extension. They help extend "Extension" throughout the county and the state.
The Citrus County Association of Home & Community Education has one community club and a County Council that coordinates the programs for the club. Each member of the community club is automatically a member of Council. The club and the County Council meet monthly to provide educational programs, leadership development, and community outreach.
Programs & Projects
Below is a list of the various programs that you can participate in to make a difference in our community.
County Council Projects:
- HCE members are involved in a wide range of citizenship, leadership, health and cultural arts activities
- HCE District III Leadership Camp held at 4-H Camp in Ocala National Forest the last week of April
- Home Community Leadership training held in November
- Spring Fling luncheon and style show honoring our new members
- Committee members for "World's Greatest Baby Shower" held in May
- Hats with Hugs for cancer patients
- Quilts for Sheriff's Department and other groups in need
- Campbell Soup labels for schools to buy new equipment
- Entrance packets for CASA
- 'Ouch' dolls for the Health Department
- Scholarships to worthy 4-H high school graduates
- Pop Tops for Ronald McDonald House in Gainesville, Florida
- Department of Family, Youth and Community Services
- EDIS: IFAS Publications
- Solutions For Your Life: Family and Consumers
For more information on joining an HCE group, Contact Monica Payne: (352) 527-5713